Hello MARMAM,

On behalf of my co-authors - L. Hermabessiere, C. Rochman, D. Nowacek, and
myself - I'm excited to share our latest publication which discovered
microplastics embedded in blubber, melon, acoustic fat pad and lungs of twelve
marine mammal species. The article is available open access at the link below.
Microplastics in marine mammal blubber, melon, & other tissues: Evidence of
translocation
Highlights

Internalized microplastics translocate to marine mammal organs, notably blubber.

Samples containing microplastics spanned over two decades, beginning in 2001.

68% of samples contained at least one microplastic particle.

The most common polymer & shape observed were polyethylene & fibers,
respectively.

  *

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S026974912301254X

Thank you!