WHALE-WATCHINGRESEARCH INTERSHIP IN THE GULF OF TRIBUGA, PACIFIC COAST OF
COLOMBIA.

BACKGROUND: R&E ocean community conservation, is anon-profit, non-governmental
foundation focused on the research andconservation of marine species, running
an ongoing study of responsible whalewatching and cetaceans conservation in the
pacific Coast of Colombian. Thisproject aims to obtain baseline information on
whales and dolphins speciesoccurrence, behavior, and whale-watching guidelines
compliance and education inorder to obtain scientific data to support
conservation measures and informmarine management policies.

R&E volunteers are dynamic,flexible, adaptable, hard-working individuals who
are willing to contribute tothe foundation and support on-going activities,
while experiencing fieldwork atsea, learning data collection, processing
methodologies, learning communicationskills and interrelationships with
stakeholders and local communities and beinga part of team of researchers and
marine biologists. All team members andparticipants share accommodation, house
tasks, knowledge and experience in anfriendly and multicultural environment.

WHERE: Pacific coast of the Gulf of Tribuga, Nuqui, Choco -Colombia

WHEN: The field season lasts from mid-june to end mid-october 2024. The minimum
internship attendance is 1 month.

WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR INOUR VOLUNTEERS?

-Passion for Nature: If you arepassionate about the ocean and marine life, this
volunteering is for you!

-Commitment: We are looking forcommitted volunteers who are willing to learn
and actively contribute.

-Respect for Wildlife and thecommunity: We value respect and admiration for
whales and dolphins. Alsorespect among your fellow teammates and the large part
of community that wework with. We want our volunteers to be ambassadors for
conservation.

- Flexibility and Adaptability:Our volunteers should also possess a flexible
and adaptable mindset, capable ofadjusting to changing circumstances and
environments. As we operate in dynamicand sometimes unpredictable ecosystems,
the ability to adapt to new situationsand approaches is invaluable. Whether
it's adjusting to varying weatherconditions or modifying project plans to
accommodate unforeseen challenges,flexibility is key to successful conservation
efforts.

FIELDWORK: The field trips are conducted in local cetaceanswatching boats.
Fieldwork is dependent on weather conditions, operators willingnessand the
tourists in the zone. The field days can be intense and hard,especially in the
peak of whale season but are fulfilling and good fun.

The volunteers will be trained to:

- Conduct on-board surveys ofmarine species occurrence;

- Log sighting encounters on ahandheld GPS;

- Access and collectenvironmental data;

- Collect data on behavior, groupsize, species, etc.;

- Collect photos tophoto-identification, acoustic recording;

- Conduct training for grade 11 students at the localschool on the importance
of responsible whale watching; Supervise students atthe airport of Nuqui.

- Share knowledge about conservation, environment,marine fauna to the different
grades of the local educational institution.

- Provide information to touristsabout responsible whale and dolphin watching
regulations, ecology andconservation

DATA ANALYSIS: The data obtained in the field will be enteredinto established
databases and spreadsheets, photo-identification analyses andacoustic
recordings will be carried out periodically.

INTERNSHIP FEES: R&E ocean community is a non-profitorganization that relies on
donations from our volunteers, partners, andconservation-minded people like you
so that we may continue our importantresearch and education programs. This
internship requires a monetarycontribution which is used to off-set the cost of
accommodation and running anon-profit.

For more information oninternship fees or the volunteer program for the 2024
season, please contact: marcela.hernan...@oceancommunityconservation.org

Included in the fee is:

- Accommodation in Nuqui;

- Transportation to/from field;

- All meals (breakfast, lunch,and dinner);

- Fieldwork;

- Theoretical capacitation.

- Distinctive Wardrobe

Not included in the fee is:

- Transportation to/fromNuqui-Choco;

- Meals in restaurants;

- Free time activities;

- Personal insurance (allparticipants should have health and/or travel
insurance);

- Others personal expenses.

INTERNS ARE EXPECTEDTO:

- Be above the age of 20;

- Have a mature attitude towardsmarine mammal research and environment;

- Be autonomous and flexible;

- Be able to live and work in aninternational team and mainly outdoors at sea;

- Be able to work in extremeconditions

- Speak Spanish;

- Participate for minimum 1 month.

BENEFITS OFVOLUNTEERING

-Unique Experience: You will havethe opportunity to be close to these amazing
creatures and learn from expertsin the field.

-Positive Impact: Your work willhelp protect whales and dolphins for future
generations.

-Connection with Nature: Immerseyourself in the beauty of the ocean and the
Pacific coast while contributing toits preservation.

INTERNSHIP APPLICATION:

You can apply on R&E oceancommunity website here

< Ocean CommunityConservation >

or

Send us an e-mail to: marcela.hernan...@oceancommunityconservation.org, with
the subject Volunteerprogram R&E ocean community with your CV and motivation
letter.

We will send you a confirmationemail with the availability and all the other
details.

Applications will be acceptedduring all season. However, early application is
recommended dueto limited vacancies.

Ann Carole VallejoExecutive Director and Lead ResearcherMSc. Nordic Marine
Ecosystems and ClimateR&E Ocean Community Conservation Foundation
Oakville, ON, Canada, L6M 5H5t: +57 (300) 281-0324Wapp: +1 (289) 885-3930Email:
carole.vall...@oceancommunityconservation.orgwww.oceancommunityconservation.org

The content of this e-mail isintended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it isaddressed. If you have received this communication in
error, be aware thatforwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its
content to any other person,is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error,please notify the author by replying to this e-mail
immediately.

Please consider the environmentbefore printing this email or it's attachments.