Yep - this should do it - I personnally use(d) a mixture of
Win32::ShellQuote and String::ShellQuote in some of my packages, c;f. for
example
https://github.com/jddurand/MarpaX-Languages-C-AST/blob/master/lib/MarpaX/Languages/C/AST/Grammar/ISO_ANSI_C_2011/Scan.pm#L767

(which could have been in a single routine of course).
JD.