Rob writes:

>Time for Doug (to whom, many thanks for letting Hugh's little gratuity glide
>past) to put his finger to the pulse, I reckon.  Wassa story, Doug?

Not gratuitous, pregnant with significance as always.

However, why wake a sleeping dog to tell it it looks so peaceful when it's
asleep?

Anyway, if all the time wasted on embracing the pomo wraithes had been put
to better use by Rob (and every other academic who danced even more
willingly to the pipe of p-b fashion), what would they have written about
instead? And what difference would it have made?

Cheers,

Hugh