Jim is making a mistake. A factory when used as a factory is a use value that is not a
commodity. It is only a commodity when it is sold. Factories can exist for years and
years -indeed for their entire life span-- as use values --as forms of fixed capital.

The dirty hanky in my pocket is a use value --snot rag. But if I am prepared to sell
it to
you and you buy it from me because you have a use, say, for my snot rag then it eh
presto
a commodity.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~beprepared/

Be free to subscribe to our Communist Think-Tank mailing community by
simply placing subscribe in the body of the message at the following address:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

George is making a mistake. A factory is a commodity that can be bought
or sold, just as it can be used in the hands of its owner. Factories are
bought and sold all the time.
--
Jim heartfield