Ralph Dumain :
I don't know.  All the actors were British.  The Bolshevik leaders were all
played by British actors who acted like snooty upper class civil
servants.  Very unconvincing.  But they get away with this stuff because
Americans, who are generally quite content and proud to be dumbasses, are
under the illusion that anything British has class.  Would anyone be
willing to be bored to tears by movie versions of English literary classics
otherwise?

^^^^^^
CB: Not to mention the Bolsheviks were supposed to be "declassing" the whole
scene. Of course, for those who made this movie , that is the last message
they wanted Americans to get about the Bolsheviks. So, maybe they scripted
the Bolsheviks as snobs on purpose.

Yes, Anglophilia is an American disease.  Of course, speaking English is
another symptom of a sort.

I remember William F. Buckley doing some pre or interim show commentary on
something like "Upstairs Downstairs", with a Britisher in the other chair. I
was amazed that the normally snobbish Buckley acted as if he was in the
presence of somebody very special, or that's the way it seemed to me.

^^^

Which reminds me, Woody Allen needs to be beaten to a pulp for "Match
Point".  I don't think I ever walked out on a movie before, not so early,
anyway.  I always thought he was an idiot, but this proves it.

^^^^^
CB: Allen never seemed that funny to me, at least not as funny as all the
acclaim he got. Of course, I'm not from Manhattan.

^^^^^

I used to watch Masturbate Theater on public TV as a teenager.  I was
hooked on "The Forskin Saga", but I refused to watch "Upstairs Downstairs".

BTW, PBS stands for "Pompous British Shit".