On 7/14/09, waistli...@aol.com >
> All this stuff about MJ brings people - black and white, together is a tad
> bit much. I believe what is meant is how in the flesh he expressed a
> certain  homogenizing of the culture. First in America with the destruction of
> segregation and the "race records as an industry," and then in world  culture.
> There is a long tradition of black artists moving overseas where  American
> music is more appreciated. I believe the best documentary I have seen  on
> John Coltrane comes from Japan. One of James Brown best performances at the
> London Palladium comes out of Japan on the Sony label.

^^^^^
CB: A bit much ? (smile)  from he of the "very much posts".

 Anyway, the few facts I presented on Jackson's race uniting symbolic
actions demonstrates fairly well that Jackson was a race uniter, which
is politically important and important to Marxists with respect to
class unity.  Jackson was the ultimate "crossover" artist.  Marrying
Presley was an obvious and wonderful gesture for racial unity. He used
his celebrity to reach across racial barriers.   His "We are the World
" project was in the same vein.

Jackson had a unique and creative way of expressing his Dubosian
double-consciouisness.

He also cultivated a very anti-macho, gentle persona.