As I've said, Rosa combines two ideological tendencies of the undead,
Trotskyism and Wittgenstein, either of which will suck the life force
out of you. This obsession with the formulas of dialectical
materialism--to defend or attack it--is simply childish, as it's only
a drop in the bucket of how dialectical analysis has been formulated
and applied. Even the Soviet tradition had something to say in its
critiques of neopositivism and irrationalism. But what about Lukacs,
the Frankfurt School, the Yugoslav Praxis School, Ilyenkov, Tony
Smith? Rosa is a small-minded jackass, for which we can thank both
Trotskyism and analytical philosophy. And as for the interaction of
analytical philosophy with Marxism, why waste time being bored
shitless with "analytical Marxism"; one could turn to the Poznan
School. Just to give one old example of how dialectical thought was
interjected into the cloistered realm of Anglo-American social theory:

<http://www.autodidactproject.org/other/poznan5.html>Logic,
Dialectics, Politics: Some Recent Controversies by Hayward R. Alker, Jr. (1982)

Oh for the day when the last Stalinist is strangled with the entrails
of the last Trotskyist.