The young Aniska, whose portrait

we see now, is a member of the Communist Young Pioneers organisation;
you can tell by the red scarf she wears around her neck. What is
moving in this picture is that the painter, David Sterenberg, has
chosen to show the girl in the uniform of a collective organisation,
while at the same time conveying a feeling of absolute loneliness

^^^^^^^
CB: I don't know , it could be moving because it shows significant
individuality ( not loneliness) in the context of collectivity.
Naturally, a libertarian sees loneliness instead of his beloved
individuality in a depiction of Soviet life.

Even non-abstract art is understood based on the mind of the observer.