> CB: My buddy, Bob King.
>
> Comment
>

> Bob's cool and at this point see himself as a one time president. He has
> invited all and anyone to come forth with new proposition on what to do in
> the  fight for the life of the trade union movement. This includes the Reds
> and  especially the Reds because no one else is in motion.
>
> Life is funny. Life is funny and the connections are historical for the
> working class. Bob King did his apprenticeship under my dad. Yep. We have
> watched his career from day one. Brother retired with 40 years seniority and
> 15
>  as an International Representative of the UAW, so as a collective you and
> I know  everyone.

CB: You definitely know the UAW better than I.  From my limited
knowledge, I'd say King has the potential for moving the union to more
of a struggle position, especially in these objective conditions.

^^^^^

> The inexorable loop of life asserts itself. it is our time, right now. And
> our fight for the unity of a real class in real time is going to rewrite
> our  history.
>
> This shits more exiting than a one man band.
>
> The fear of Bob King is this: "Will he be to intellectual to lead the union
>  along another path."

^^^^
CB: Yeah, He's a lawyer (smile).  He sure was at a lot of
demonstrations in the past. That's how he got to know me.

^^^^^^^

> This is a real fear not to be belittled. The only reason the historically
> reactionary mutherfuckers - "I don't reason  books but know everyone in my
> district and what they want and need" can be defeated is the depths of the
> economic crisis at this defining moment - as Obama puts things.

^^^^^^^
CB: Yeah, the objective conditions might push King to the left , and
his relatively left background might mean he doesn't resist the push.
He's from Detroit. The past couple of Presidents were from Grand
Rapids and somewhere else, no ?

^^^^^

> We are roughly at 1920 at a higher lever. What is different is that the
> communists forces are not predominately foreign born as was the case in  1919.
>  This is in the context of 343,000 auto workers of whom 70 - 75% were
> native born. Yet, by 1923 the first auto workers union had been formed.
>
> What did they do and how did they do this? This was under conditions of the
>  Palmer Raids ad witch hunts.

^^^^^^^^

Phil Raymond, Party organizer in Detroit in the 20's. Carl Winter
organizer of the Ford Hunger March....

THE COMMUNIST PARTY AND THE AUTO WORKERS UNIONS. By Roger Keeran ...by
W Licht - 1981

Communist influence in the automobile industry, 1920-1933: Paving the
way for an industrial union
http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a794722520&db=all

^^^^^^^^^^^

> I reject the specific Leninist form and not political Leninism.

^^^^^^^
CB: I don't know (Rather Ralph doesn't know;smile) Seems to me
democratic centralism is common sense. What sense does it make to say
nobody has to abide by the decisions of the majority ? Why make any
decisions ? How can anything be done without that unity in action ?
You might as well not all be in the same party . Bourgeois parties
operate on democratic centralism.  The US Dems and Reps have
democratic centralism.

Russia didn't have or just got political parties at the time Lenin
wrote WITBD, because it was an _absolute_ monarchy.  All Lenin was
doing was teaching the Russian working class the rudiments of a party
in a democracy. The characterization of his democratic centralism as
something unique to the Bolsheviks is not accurate.

What specifically do you reject in the Leninist form.?

^^^^^^^

> Now is the time to be bold.
>
> Let us march on til victory is won
>

> Proletarians Unite.