We can now add a new line to the time line: removed special deals,
increased subsidies for previously mentioned duff policies, and got
rid of loopholes affecting sick children. We can also add a new line
to a different time line: kept university enrollment bubble going.

(AP)  Finalizing two major pieces of his agenda, President Barack
Obama on Tuesday sealed his health care overhaul and made the
government the primary lender to students by cutting banks out of the
process.

Both domestic priorities came in one bill, pushed through by Democrats
in the House and Senate and signed into law by a beaming president.

The new law makes a series of changes to the massive health insurance
reform bill that he signed into law with even greater fanfare last
week. Those fixes included removing some specials deals that had
angered the public and providing more money for poorer and
middle-income individuals and families to help them buy health
insurance.

--

CJ
Japan Higher Education Outlook