> As I see it -- and as I've said before -- the problem here is the inability,
> or willful unwillingness, of Louis et al to distinguish the principle
> contradiction (U.S./NATO military aggression against a Third World country
> with some elements of political and economic independence from the Empire)
> from the secondary contradiction (Ghaddafii's dictatorship over the Libyan
> people).

1. Who determines what the main contradiction is? A Libyan rebel might see his
principal enemy as the Gaddafi regime.

2. Is it possible to take a strict class line toward both contradictions? That
is, support revolution against Gaddafi, be critical of the compromised
bourgeois leadership in Benghazi, and oppose imperialist intervention?

Glenn