Secondary contradiction for whom exactly?
Do Libyans come into play at any point in this wonderful scheme of things?

----- Original Message ----
From: Jay Moore <piein...@igc.org>
To: Kerimcan YILDIRIM <cankeri...@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Tue, 14 June, 2011 5:38:56
Subject: Re: [Marxism] Gay girl in Damascus really an American guy in Scotland

As I see it -- and as I've said before -- the problem here is the inability, or
willful unwillingness, of Louis et al to distinguish the principle
contradiction
(U.S./NATO military aggression against a Third World country with some elements
of political and economic independence from the Empire) from the secondary
contradiction (Ghaddafii's dictatorship over the Libyan people).  This is
really
not all that different from the prior case of Yugoslavia -- in which case Louis
rightly opposed the country's dismemberment.  Instead of a hard-nosed Marxist
analysis in this case, on the part of Louis et al what we have is some kind of
moral stance with equivalences -- Ghaddafi bad, imperialism bad.  And taking
such a stance does not lead us to any meaningful action on way or another -- at
least I have not heard any  put forward by Louis et al.  The stance is what
Hegel called the "beautiful soul."

jay

http://greenhouse.economics.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/cankerim76%40yahoo.co.uk