On 2/9/12 10:17 PM, Jonathan Flanders wrote:
If its a tactic, ie, wearing black and masks, then I'm against this as a
tactic, period. It splits the people into two groups, the black clad and
everyone else.

It smacks of some sort of Batman superhero posturing. Here comes the
Black Bloc to save the day! As the benighted masses look on stupidly or
cheer. Or get "educated" by a cop's nightstick after the superheroes run
away.

I am beginning to wonder if it is worth answering Joseph who is in my view not much of a Marxist. In fact, he only gets worked up defending anarchism here despite his claim that he evolved into a Marxist some years ago. All in all, he reminds me of Macdonald Stainsby who used to play the same kind of role here. Constant arguments with him from Seattle 1999 until he unsubbed a couple of years later, having decided that Marxism was not for him. Who knows, maybe Joseph just enjoys having arguments with Marxists.