> John Wesley said:
> In the early years of AIDS, persons with that condition were confined in
> such institutions.
>
> In the Sixties and Seventies, poliotical dissidents were generally sent
> to the UMAP forced labour units.
>
> MikeG.
>
> El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!
>
> * * * *
>
> Ken Hiebert replies:
> I cannot recall the source, but I have been told two things about AIDS
> in Cuba.  One, that AIDS patients received the best treatment possible.
> Two, that Cuba was successful in halting an explosion of AIDS.  Perhaps
> others will know more about this than I do.
>                                       ken h

There's a substantial outline of AIDS treatment in Cuba as part of a long
article with numerous references by Rachel Evans, 'Rainbow Cuba', at
http://links.org.au/node/2671. This article indicates for one thing that no-one
was sent to the UMAP in the 70s as they were closed in 1968.  Perhaps if
comrade Wesley or KieG or whoever he is has something to say he can aspire to
Slee and Evans' rigour rather than making occasional and repeated brief snipes
about policies of over 40 years ago, from which time there's been massive
changes.

The section on AIDS treatment in Evans' article includes the following: