On Tue, August 28, 2012 18:36, Louis Proyect wrote:

>> http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/08/28/the-decline-of-political-protest/
>>

> Diana, of course, is a major theorist/journalist for the "axis
> of good"
> tendency on the left. This business about Pussy Riot being a
> "diversion"
> from defending Assange is utter nonsense. She makes a wild
> amalgam
> between Pussy Riot, Putin, Syria......

Which is stupid enough, but then she has to go on to further
smear Pussy Riot after finding them on the wrong side of the
barricades (and part of some Western conspiracy against Putin):

"Putin is on record, and on video, as saying he thinks the women
should not be harshly punished for their stunt. But hey, Russia
has a judicial system. The law is the law. Once the women were
arrested on a complaint by the church, the wheels turned, a
trial was held, they were convicted and sentenced by a judge on
the basis of complaints by offended Christians....."

Oooooooh, I see: The law is the law. And I need to understand
that before I get myself arrested because I offend Christians.
Great political advice for all of us.

I guess this sort of thinking makes them feel a lot better than
accepting that the reports of AI in Syria are actually a
reflection of the Syrian government's war crimes. How far can
people go in order to avoid actually facing the truth?

- Jeff