>> What amazes me about all these apologists for Putin, al-Assad, Qaddafi,
>> Mugabe, Ahmadinejad et al is the way in which they have absorbed the
>> authority-worshiping mindset of the typical small-town, Babbitt, registered
>> Republican who has an American flag on their front-lawn. But it is channeled
>> through a kind of bastardized vulgar Marxism. Instead of an American flag
>> pin on their lapel, you see a Russian one.

I think it was Bob Fitch who said that vulgar Marxism explains 90% of what's
happening in the world. Maybe because vulgar Marxism at least wants to use
class analysis. Are there classes with antagonistic interests in Russia, Syria,
Libya, Zimbabwe, and Iran? The apologists don't seem that interested.

Glenn