No special psychic abilities are required to predict yet another horrific
forest / brush fire season in the West -- and in some other settings as well.
Those catastrophes are obviously coming to pass fast and pervasively. Unusual
dryness and high and enduring temperatures, plus extreme winds with wild and
erratic shifts in direction, make up a good part of a great big disaster
formula that may very well exceed even that of last year.  On top of that are
significant cuts in fire control budgets for the U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Park
Service, and U.S. Bureau of Land Management -- as well as those in many state
and local jurisdictions.

No one I know, including here in Idaho, is scoffing any longer at the reality
of Global Warming / Climate Change.

This page of ours gives a pretty good first-hand feel for the culture of Wild
Fires and Fire-Fighting.
http://hunterbear.org/forest_fires_in_the_west.htm

Hunter (Hunter Bear) in Eastern Idaho

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR/JOHN R SALTER JR] Mi'kmaq /
St. Francis Abenaki / St. Regis Mohawk
Member, National Writers Union AFL-CIO
www.hunterbear.org
(much social justice material)

For the new and expanded/updated "Organizer's Book,"
JACKSON MISSISSIPPI -- with a new and substantial
introduction by me. This is the 50th Anniversary
 of the massive Jackson Movement of 1962-63.
This book is a full, very detailed discussion of the rise and
development of that Movement, including its external life
and internal dynamics.  And this book is also an
organizer's how-to manual.
http://hunterbear.org/jackson.htm

And see the related http://crmvet.org/comm/hunter1.htm
 ("Militant and Radical Organizer": -- and also "Fifty Years:
Remembering Medgar Evers")
 http://www.solidarity-us.org/site/node/3876

See the Stormy Adoption of an Indian Child [My Father]:
http://hunterbear.org/James%20and%20Salter%20and%20Dad.htm
(Many photos.)