On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Louis Proyect <l...@panix.com> wrote:

Don't be so literal-minded. I am talking about a range of anti-Semitic
> attacks that usually involve attacks on cemeteries, beating up yeshiva
> students, breaking the windows of Jewish shops, etc. Read William Shirer if
> you need more information. Or RT.com, they've telling the world that a new
> Kristallnacht is imminent.

Unless I've missed some essential element, this line of argument is
essentially like a person saying, "But the English Defence League couldn't
possibly be fascists. Why, they just love Jews! See, they even have a
Jewish division."

Which is factually true. So what? "Fascist" does not mean "opposed to Jews
over all others." Otherwise Kach and Kahane Chai couldn't possibly be
fascists either, and Mussolini would have never had a single Jewish
supporter.

A man who hears of European fascism, and starts his investigation of it by
looking for attacks on Jews, is a man living a number of decades ago.

If you want to debate with RT.com, the place to do it is their comments
section.

lytlað."