On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 4:05 AM, Louis Proyect <l...@panix.com> wrote:

There are 1500 subscribers on Marxmail and I imagine that most of them
> understand this from having read Trotsky or Marxist scholars such as Franz
> Neumann.

Understand what? You haven't explained what any of this has to do with your
and Clay's farcical fascism=anti-Semitism formulations. If Trotsky or
Neumann said anything similar, then they were clearly mistaken as a matter
of historical fact, not my opinion.

As defensive mechanisms, this recurring "but I'm a Marxist!" routine isn't
terribly impressive, unless we're ranking it as a comedy routine. You could
be an Orléanist, and fascism - as a point of objective history - would no
more necessitate the burning of synagogues.

(For how many decades, until the German invasion of Italy, was Margherita
Sarfatti, aside from being one of Mussolini's many mistresses, a key figure
in the Italian Fascist party? Do you think she was the only one? Pshaw. And
if you, Trotsky, and Neumann aspire to redefine "fascism" in a way that
excludes actual, historically-existing Fascism - well, I just can't imagine
the point.)

lytlað."