on Samstag, 26. April 2014 at 12:25, jim wrote:

> Marxists do not respect copyright - it is anathema -
> and only hold to it when we are forced to under pain of massive fines or
> imprisonment -
> sometimes not even then!

  Actually, Karl Marx lived by the proceeds from his writing, so he had also an
important material interest to be able to pay the butcher and the grocer and to
feed himself and his family.

  I remember having read a letter by him or an exchange of letters about his
dislike of people e.g. in the USA reprinting some works by him without paying
anything to the author.

  Well, this was, of course, during his lifetime.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms