When you see an unironic reference to Iran as "mullah-controlled," there is
a very good chance you are reading the writings of a fool. ("Mullah," in
the Iranian context, means something very different than pretty much every
Westerner using the term imagines.)

Of course, the use of "his" as the possessive for a neuter ("regime"), and
its sloppy distribution among multiple "hims," is the second clue.

But it could be worse. I've seen a few witless commentators accurately call
ISIS takfiris and commit takfir *in the same paragraph* lately.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <
marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

1-      Since taking power in Iran in the late seventies, the ruling
> mullah-controlled theocratic Islamic state has been calling the USA the
> Great Devil and the USA has been calling Iran a terrorist state. The USA
> invaded Iraq twice since then (about to do that a third time) and not a
> single shot was fired by US against Iran during same period. The “Terrorist
> State” joined hands with the “Great Devil” in its war on both Iraq and
> Afghanistan (as indicated on several occasions by Khatami, Rafsanjani, and
> Iran’s UN ambassador).
>
> 2-      Since taking power in Syria in 1970, the Assad regime provided all
> kinds of services to the “imperialists” including his interference in
> Lebanon to wipe out the left-oriented national front, and his support for
> sectarian militias there; his completion of Israel’s war against
> Palestinians in refugee camps after the 1982 invasion of Lebanon; his
> direct involvement, with the imperialists, in the war against Iraq in 1991
> and in 2003 (and now); his participation in the so-called war on terror
> after 9/11 where he provided tremendous intelligence to the “imperialists”;
> and his participation (together with Iran) in the CIA’s rendition program
> where he was involved in torturing suspects in his prisons.

lytlað."
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu