#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Gawddd! First, though you might not know it, was born in NYC and I'm
Jewish. Everyone knows it is the capital of Jewish culture, or, as my uncle
Albert used to say, "if it ain't, it should be". That Jewish Americans
"only" make up 20%" of the population of the City... you ought to know more
about the role Jews played after 1900 in developing that City's culture.
Jerusalem, the future capital of Palestine, only comes in at 780,000 and
not all of them are Jewish.So, at Passover here in California, when we say
"Next Year in Jerusalem", it doesn't meant the Zionist entity to me.... My
first impression of Israel when I went there as a young teenager was that
there were, seemingly, a lot Israelis, but very few Jews. I'll let you
digest the implications of that.

My snarky remark was in reaction to the hugely ignorant statement about
America's Jews being identifiable mostly be "religious"
self-identification. I wanted to set the record straight. Ken felt my
comment could be perceived as suggesting there may be too many Jews in NYC.
Sorry for the confusion. Though, truth be told, the only people I've *EVER*
heard make that comment are Jewish New Yorkers. Go figure?

DW