#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Personally, I think debating the substance of such a strange accusation
against someone like Amy Goodman is bizarre. Obviously anyone can level any
accusation against anyone and then demand a response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRxbGJuCw8

The article that Clay wrote appears to suggest that anyone who
second-guessed US government reports that the Syrian regime committed the
Ghouta attack is a regime apologist, and that is apparently Amy Goodman's
crime.

Since that attack took place, individuals who have independently
established their longtime credibility on issues of reporting war and
peace, independent of Syria, have questioned that narrative, Seymour Hersh
being the most prominent. Others have pointed out very serious flaws in
Hersh's argument, in particular that he relied on secret government sources
that may very well have preferred having the US government continue to work
closely with the Syrian regime in the name of counter-terrorism.

I don't think there is anything wrong with someone like Amy Goodman
reporting on a diversity of perspectives on the left about an unfolding
tragedy, when it is not clear, especially at the time of reporting, who was
doing what. To say that such questioning makes her an Assad mouthpiece is
little more than a smear. It also means we are not allowed to question the
stated position of a sitting US president who was fronting as though he was
ready to advocate for regime change, even if that was not in fact the
Administration's actual intention. This is, to put it lightly, a touchy
subject. We should be able to disagree on it without being labelled neocon
interventionists or regime apologists.

- Amith

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <