#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Hi folks, another big week at the blog, with several inspiring stories.

In the south of Ireland, the working class and young people secured a big
majority for the right of same-sex couples to marry.  In swathes of the
most hardcore working class areas of Dublin, the vote for same-sex marriage
equality was 80%.
See:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/big-gay-rights-victory-in-ireland/

See also our earlier, main article on the referendum; it looks at the
changes in southern Irish society that made this sweeping victory possible:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/irish-society-and-politics-and-the-referendum-on-gay-marriage/

In Turkey right now, car workers are waging a massive battle against
employers and the old state-controlled yellow union they were corralled
into:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/turkish-car-workers-take-on-bosses-state-and-yellow-union/

Michael Roberts looks the international liberal establishment's concern
about equality and the limitations to such concerns:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/hillary-clinton-joseph-stiglitz-tony-atkinson-and-the-problem-of-inequality/

At present we're sticking up a series of articles from the magazine
'revolution' and the the paper The Spark that a number of us at Redline
were involved in.  The most recent one is a still very relevant article on
the productivity trap, which bosses try to lure workers and unions into:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/the-productivity-trap-heads-they-win-tails-we-lose/

One of our Irish republican friends writes about imperialist strategy after
Vietnam:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/after-vietnam-changes-in-imperialist-strategy/

We look at the growth of zero-hours contracts in Britain:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/20/zero-hours-contracts-and-living-wages-british-style/

Don Franks looks at Andrew Little's woes as the National Party government
outflank Labour from the left with the latest budget:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/21/andrews-little-poem/

In the next couple of days we'll have a Redline look at the budget, so keep
an eye out for that.

And in 'Pimping for Israel' we look at how fake anti-establishment star
Lady Gaga (and others) are happy to crap on the Palestinians by playing in
and endorsing Israel:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/05/18/pimping-for-israel-lady-gaga-madonna-and-dionne-warwick/

Hope you find some worthwhile reading there, and please circulate the urls
of any stories that might be of interest to people you know.

In solidarity,
Philip Ferguson
for the Redline blog collective