#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

A very thought-provoking piece, and I particularly like the mention of the
roots of Obama's supposedly softer line, i.e. his concern for NATO
integrity. (But let's not forget Obama too is for "reforms" (read
austerity)).
However I don't for one second believe Tsipras wanted to "lose" the
referendum.
When he first called it I denounced him as chickenshit for not going ahead
himself and saying No to the troika, and for instead risking
disorganization and demobilization, all so he could go back and negotiate a
slightly better deal.
Fortunately the referendum regalvanized Greek and other workers beyond even
our hopes.
And if Tsipras is still using the results only as a bargaining chip, that's
to be expected.
But once again he may surprise us and pull the plug in favor of Grexit.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Marv Gandall via Marxism <