#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Without jumping on the tanky I-love-Putin bandwagon, I have to add that I
don't think this kind of reductionism makes sense. There are huge
differences between the ruling elites in different countries just as there
are differences among them. Saying that they are all crooks, outside of
being a statement of the obvious, does not contribute to discussion.

For one thing I think it is important when local elites form a sort of
counterweight to elites elsewhere. But I don't think that is actually what
the BRICS countries are doing, and to the extent that they are doing it it
does not seem to have much pay off in the long run.

- Amith

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Thomas via Marxism <