#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Really quite sad to see Vijay Prashad writing an article that sounds so much like the one that WSWS.org wrote today. Regime change? Is American imperialism to blame for the war in Syria? Were the protests in April 2011 orchestrated by Samantha Power in order to effect "regime change"? I just disposed of some other nonsense on CounterPunch written by someone far less erudite and respected than Vijay Prishad. There is something fundamentally flawed in the logic of our "anti-imperialist" left that it cannot bring itself to identify Bashar al-Assad as the cause of this misery, alongside ISIS. As someone put it, the refugees are dealing with two different brands of fascism, one wearing neckties and the other wearing beards.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/09/04/regime-change-refugees-on-the-shores-of-europe/