#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

At 12:26 20-04-16 -0400, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

>On 4/20/16 12:09 PM, Jeff wrote:
>> On 2016-04-20 17:46, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/20/america-is-staring-into-the-abyss-and
-preparing-to-jump

>Look, I have my problems with Jeff St. Clair but it would be impossible
>for him to go through all the articles he publishes.

Well I accept that they did pull the article when the antisemitic content
was pointed out to them so I'm not accusing Counterpunch of promoting such
trash.But I'm not very forgiving of those who forward material without
actually reading it or having it checked out, and although mistakes can be
made, what one forwards (without a disclaimer or explanation) is entirely
their responsibility.

But more to the point, although the Counterpunch editors may well have
missed the remarks about "the Jews" when skimming the article, they must
have directly edited the note about the author that accompanied the article:

  Greg Felton is ..... the author of The Host
  and the Parasite—How Israel’s Fifth
  Column Consumed America....

Well to have included that note, and just making sure that it was
grammatical, you'd think some eyebrows would have been raised! So I'd say
that whoever was doing the copy edit was extremely lacking in judgement. To
the extent that they'd easily mistake a right-wing "anti-imperialist" piece
for something of value. Which is exactly what's happening -- not just
affecting Counterpunch of course -- throughout the left, as is regularly
decried by regulars on this list. I could hardly make an excuse for
Counterpunch just because they don't have time to fully read through their
voluminous submissions.

- Jeff