#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I consider myself aware of the the history of Syria and the various political
and religious currents there -

including the many different tribal and religious sects, that are involved in
both pro-Syria government and

anti-Syria government.  All the small military militias with their various
eagle and flag symbols and names.

I subscribe to many Syria sites and not jut those outside of Syria, as others
on this list - from what I have

seen shared by them.

But I have no favorable view of  the various front groups that have been
established that support either

a capitalist Bathist government, or the many bands of various jihadi opponents.
 There has been little to

no reporting on the various Syrian political left currents - only just the
anti-left formations.

I have watched and been supportive of those Kurds and other minorities in Iraq
and Syria, who have

opposed ISIS and al-Qaeda and adhere to  proletarian rule and not the wealthy
rulers and monarchs

of those lands.

I was told many years by some on this list, including the moderator, that I
should not criticize the Iran

government - because it "objectively aided U.S. imperialism".  Now these same
people are condemning

that same Iran government for supporting the Bashir al-Assad Bathist led
government in Syria! And when

I warned several years ago of my concerns about the Syrian Civil War becoming a
bloody conflict that would

only harm most Syrians - and opposed any U. S. military involvement - some of
these same supposed

wise people - refused to recognize both reality and history of that land and
peoples.

The U. S. government in its many forms - are a danger to the Syrian masses -
and not a protector.

From: Marx Mail00 <marxmai...@gmail.com>

On Mar 18, 2017, at 8:14 PM, John Obrien via Marxism