#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 4/5/2017 2:09 PM, Mark Lause via Marxism wrote

If experience matters at all, we should not encourage people to do what has never worked well for us to see if it might be different this time.

*  *  *

1. Trying to do and finally achieving what had never been done before ... isn't that not entirely unknown in the history of the human race. The wheel and fire come to mind.

2. If experience should guide us, why waste our time with working class politics in the United States? Past experiences have not been happy ones.

OK, those are wise-ass answers. But I just wrote a reply to Fred that explains in painful detail my point of view: it is not *at all* about trying to reform the Democratic Party (which I believe is impossible) or splitting this layer away (which i hope will be the end result) but about relating to the evolution of motion towards class consciousness among tens of millions of people. It is about the protagonists, not the goal.