#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I haven’t heard complaints about the quality of care in the US.  I do hear
surprise at the costs.
I do recall that decades ago my parents were travelling in the US.  My mother
had a fainting spell.  From northern California they turned around and came
back to Canada so she could see a doctor.

Some years ago an incident was reported in the Toronto papers.  A man and his
father were travelling in Florida.  When the father needed to see a doctor they
were relieved that they had medical insurance.  But the doctor refused to deal
with the insurance company.  He demanded cash.  And he phoned the local airport
to tell them not to let the father board a plane.

                        ken h

http://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/alkan-air-opens-hangar-at-nanaimo-airport/
<http://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/alkan-air-opens-hangar-at-nanaimo-airport/>
“Our core business has mainly been medical flying. Mainly picking up Canadians
vacationing in the States or further afield, who have either gotten injured or
sick. We pick them up and bring them back to Canada into the medical system
here,” he said. “We decided it was time to go ahead and do a long-term
investment and put some roots down.”