#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Text:

We are members of the Labour Party expressing solidarity with trans people in
the face of hate from the media and by anti-trans groups in the UK. We
recognise that the UK has recently experienced a week  of coordinated
pernicious attacks on trans people, including the launching of the execrable
LGB Alliance and a motion passed at Hornsey & Wood Green General Meeting in
support of Womans Place UK. The failure of the Labour Party on this issue is a
deep wound to the principles of equality the Party is supposed to stand for.

Let us be under no illusions. The motion passed at Hornsey & Wood Green
supports a transphobic organisation:

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/04/25/university-of-oxford-protest-transgender-feminism-womans-place/

https://clareflourish.wordpress.com/2018/04/30/womans-place-uk-transphobic/

https://www.oxfordstudent.com/2019/10/23/trans-exclusionary-group-womans-place-uk-set-to-hold-a-panel-in-oxford/

Failure of the General Secretary's office to rule the motion out of order in
the first place is hard to comprehend but to still have failed to intervene to
rule it out now that it has received some publicity and is going to Tottenham
CLP is unconscionable. Our confidence in the Labour Party's commitment to
protect trans members is shaken. Action must be taken.

Link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfb0_wA_hDX-iq5scn-L2OqrnwkfpklSptSQFJFovRJMizcQw/viewform

More than 500 signatures so far.