#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I read this book a couple of years ago and meant to review it then, but
other things got in the way.  To make up for the delay, I’ve done something
bigger – basically a mix of summary and review:

Coakley begins with a brief survey of bourgeois and anti-capitalist
attempts to explain uneven development, from Weber and Durkheim to Gramsci,
Jack goody, Immanuel Wallerstein and Robert Brenner. Coakley is concerend,
in particular, with the different patterns of growth exhibited in Britain
(especially England but also Scotland and Wales) and does so by exploring
the unequal relations between them from the medieval era onwards.

*Imposition of feudalism*

He notes that the Anglo-Norman conquest resulted in the division of Ireland
into Gaelic and Anglo-Norman regions. While the boundaries and interactions
were fluid, they possessed different social structures*. . .*

full at:
https://theirishrevolution.wordpress.com/2015/06/04/in-review-maurice-coakley-on-how-britain-under-developed-ireland/