#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Feb 12, 2020, at 3:00 AM, Daniel Lindvall <daniel.lindv...@filmint.nu>
> wrote:
>
> Agreed. But surely the real problem with spending is about ideology and class
> struggle. The financial markets (i.e. the ruling class) react one way when
> spending goes to bailing out businesses (or buying more guns), and in an
> entirely opposed way when it goes to improving the lives of the working class
> and the general population.

Which is why you use that spending power to expand the public sector. You could
even use it to — gasp — take over failing industries, and wind them down if
they aren’t usefully productive, transitioning the workforce into things we
want done. But it’s easier to think of ways it can’t work than to do it.