Jeff wrote:
> And I just wanted to correct the numbers I threw out before, when I said
> that the webpage (107KB) was 7 times more data than the same article sent
> as an email (16KB). It's much worse! I hadn't noticed, but that particular
> webpage (but again, this is typical) was only the FIRST of 3 containing
> that article; the other two parts were probably of similar length.

Jeff fails to mention that one can forward a link to a printer-friendly
version of the post which requires much less bandwidth. this, for
example, delivers  less than 24 kB, though it is dynamically generated:

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=58F674B6-18FE-70B2-A8704F4CCE4DB979

and his argument does not apply to those of us who do NOT want to read
all this stuff. it only applies to those Marxmailers who want to read
the entirety of all these web pages.

Another issue i forgot to mention earlier: inability of people to
properly format a cut-and-pasted web page into their email application
in such a way that the post is easily readable. this after years of
coaching.

But yes, more a readability issue than a bandwidth issue per se.

For a clutter-free marxmail future!

Les