I am stunned that someone on this list would defend the rape of a child (or any
woman) simply because the rapist is an elite movie director who has suffered
some tragic events. The victim does not get to decide that rape is something
that we can just let slide. At no age is rape acceptable. If the victim had
been 40 it would still be heinous. And besides, this woman came to her
conclusion after a "settlement", i.e. money. A million dollars or so could buy
a lot of forgiveness.