Well, with respect to Thomas B. and JB....it's interesting to see attacks on
public education...coming from Marxists. I get enough of that from
right-wing pro-privatization in my county where I live in California. I'm
sure, if we look hard enough, we will see similarities, someplace, between
the San Mateo School District curriculum and the 19th Century Prussian
military oriented education.

So...I assue that my son, while in high school, never learned logic, trig,
alegebra, American history that focused on the struggles of working people,
blacks and Latinos for civil rights? Hmm...I'll let him know it was all an
illusion and he should of stayed home or he would of turned into a little
Junker. I'm afraid that what I read from JB is 'academic' in the worst sense
of the word and, hardly a guide to action about anything in education. We'll
have to tell to the students at UC (and my son's community collage) that all
their calls to end the budget cuts are, well, frowned on by Herr Marx.

>From the COMMUNIST MANIFESTO on what communist would like see under
communism:

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of
children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with
industrial production, &c, &c.
[
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/ch02.htm]

But I suppose we have to wait for communism and keep our kids home until
then...

David