S. Artesian wrote:

> No personal offense intended, but who gives a rat's ass about what
> liberals
> think of Obama?  Positive, negative-- same-same
> [...]

I do. And I try to compare the language of their own expectations and
disappointments against mine.

In trying to explain to a YouTube friend why I was determined to vote for
Obama after nearly twenty years of abstention, I wrote, "...at the very
least,
I'd like to see proven once and for all time that in the U.S. a black person
is
just as capable of fucking up as any other person in the White House."

I hope that for every disappointed Obama supporter that turns reactionary or
extremist another is produced whose disillusion leads them to more radical
thinking and acting.

BTW, what's up with the card-check bill? Is that dead as well? Was it riding
on the health care fiasco?