S. Artesian wrote:

> To New Tet:
>
> You voted for Obama just to show that a black US man could fuck-up just
> like a white US man?  I understand the sentiment, but it's only that-- a
> sentiment, an indulgence.

Yes, indeed; that's why I said "at the very least".

Let me ask you how's that working out for you?  Do you think you've
> accomplished the goal, and we have a black man who has proven himself
> capable of fucking up as much as a white man?  And exactly what will that,
> has that accomplished?  You HOPE there will be a zero-sum effect?  That
> for
> every reactionary, we get a radical?  Doesn't work that way, comrade, not
> even a little bit.  If it did, the revolution would have taken place a
> long
> time ago.

Okay, how about half a radical for every liberal renegade that Obama
produces?
Sound better?

My ruminations on this matter are purely speculative, that's why I wrote "I
hope".

How's that working out for the working class as
> a whole?  Would you recommend doing it again-- I mean after all there have
> been a lot more white US men fucking up in the White House than our
> first and only so far black US man-- not to mention all the white women,
> black women, Hispanic men, Hispanic women,  gay white men, gay black men,
> gay black women, gay white women that might demand equal time in the White
> House, and  make equal claims on your vote?

It's been done, I think. Many capitalist governments throughout the world
already enlist the aid of an enormously diverse population at almost every
level (especially here in the U.S.) and look how fucked up their economic
system is!

In my mind, the presidency, as a government job, is special, though. Unlike
most other elected and non-elected government posts it is surrounded by an
almost mythic aura created, I suppose, by able propagandists and kept alive
by popular ignorance and gullibility.

The point of my speculation that a black president could do no better that
all
the white ones that preceded him/her

Isn't all you are really doing is playing a variation on the old "Let's make
> it worse, so it has to get better"  ploy?

I hadn't thought of it that way but, since you mention it, let me say that
as long
as revolutionary ideas remain the exclusive intellectual possession of a
tiny minority
of workers and their allies, I'll continue to believe that sometimes things
have to
get worse before they get better.

Card check was dead months ago.

Okay, thanks.