Here is another tea party poll:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/127181/Tea-Partiers-Fairly-Mainstream-Demographics.aspx

As I mentioned, the last poll was skewed upward in income and education
level by asking for self-described tea party activists versus this one which
only asks for tea party supporters. The results show slightly above average
incomes but very slightly below average education levels (probably both
within margins of error).  I highly doubt that this data reveals a
disproportion of petty bourgeoisie.  Which begs the question as to the
material circumstances driving this movement (other than economic hard times
for middle and working income folks).

Brad