On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Mark Lause <markala...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the capitalists always want to make a profit, right?  And I'm
> not sure what there is in this that they have right now in the real
> world to fear..other than their own imaginings.  Nor do I think
> they're looking to break their own record for incarceration and prison
> crowding.   The best explanation for this specific development is that
> most of this collection of short-sighted legislative nullities simply
> made themselves prisoners of their own rhetoric and ideology.
>
> The legislation itself is simply unenforceable, except in the most
> selective sense, and that means that it will be dropped sooner or
> later.  Let's hope it's dropped before it victimizes a lot of people.
>
> Of course, Joe the Plunger could go there and stir them up about just
> shooting immigrants, but that's a contribution from civilized Ohio....
>
> ML

Since I know you're such a fan of Huffpost, here's an article by Rep.
Gutierrez in response to recent turn of events in Arizona. gutierrez,
of course, is chief sponsor of the immigration reform bill which his
party is consigning to the dustbin. It's really a fine example of
democratic pathos:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-luis-gutierrez/obama-must-act-to-ease-ar_b_541710.html