On 09.05.10 21:38, S. Artesian wrote:

> Geez, that's disappointing.  When push comes to shove, it appears comrade
> Seymour can do no better than run back into Labor's arms.
>
> I wish I could say "unbelievable,"  but it's all too believable.
>
> Exactly how does even a mercilessly critical support of a Lib-Lab coalition
> differ from a popular front?
>
> Guess what, only in that it would be less left-wing; less popular, and more
> of a front.

On my reading of the article I don't think Richard is arguing for
support for a Lib-Lab coalition but rather discussing out loud which of
the obnoxious alternatives on offer would provide the most favourable
circumstances for building resistance to the cuts that the ruling class
will inevitably try to impose to make the workers pay for the bosses'
crisis.

But I'm sure that Richard will probably be able to defend himself better
than I can.

Einde O'Callaghan