> Obamaism uses "Racist!" as McCarthyism used "Communist!" - and for a similar
> purpose.

I would be careful with this kind of allegation; President Obama is actually
being targeted for his race; witness the effigy burnings, assassination talk
and assassination attempts (documented by Souther Poverty Law Center as one
example); the emergence of racist right-wingers in the military, among other
things. There is plenty to oppose in the Democratic Party President, and, for
good or ill, the manner in which one raises this opposition must be taken so
that it is clearly delineated from the racist hate-mongering going on. It's not
easy, BUT IT IS NECESSARY. Indeed, one can argue that regardless of the
ethnicity, a bourgeois liberal president is the chief in charge of implementing
racist, imperialist, misogynistic, and anti-working class policies; witness who
benefits and who loses by the sellout of healthcare reform, climate protection,
continued imperialist war, terrorism by Israel toward Palestinians, etc. ad
nauseum.
Indeed, the President seems to be the first to run away from addressing racism
when confronted with specific attacks or affronts against him (witness the
pathetic reconciliation with the racist cop who profiled the African-American
professor in Cambridge, MA; first calling the incident for what it was and then
backing off and having a beer with him at the White House just to acquiesce to
the press).
Revolutionists must be the most able to articulate opposition to the capitalist
class and its mouthpieces in such a way that our opposition, and, more
important, our clear solutions can be understood and supported by the most
oppressed. Capitalism is the enemy and racism is one of its primary weapons in
this advanced capitalist society. If we do not see this point and cannot
differentiate ourselves from the rightist reaction who oppose the President for
their fundamentally different purposes, we are not worthy to be called Marxists
and can never be useful revolutionists.