Matthew Russo wrote:
> It has always been fascinating as a particularly effective women-targeting
> Unreality Show.  Gawking spectator to capital and all that.  Ridiculous
> bourgeois lifestyles marketed to working class women.  Hence the product
> placement per above, and the simpatico presentation of the inner lives of
> the main characters.

And also some of the funniest stuff about male-female relations you ever
saw on television. In one episode, Charlotte's boyfriend, a bald Jewish
divorce lawyer, has just moved in with her. He likes to walk around
naked but unfortunately leaves "skid marks" on her fancy white sofa.
Needless to say, there is nothing like this in the movies even though
the same guy who wrote some of the best episodes on HBO wrote the movie.
Clearly Hollywood wanted to cater to what it perceived as the tastes of
mid-America when they should have gone for broke. I will be writing more
about this later.