ML:

The punchline, though, is the leap from people shouting over abortion
to the blanket assertion that they are "definitely capable of
violence." I think that almost everybody's capable of violence and
that reactionaries always have been bullies.

me:

First of all, i did not "leap" from shouting over abortion to a
blanket assertion. My entire post was a prelude to my conclusion.

Second, it is not just an assertion that they are capable of violence.
They have bombed and set fire to abortion clinics, killed abortion
doctors and abortion clinic staff. Google Operation Rescue, Lambs of
Christ, the Christian Reconstructionist Movement, the Army of God. And
i don't think the Hutaree have actually been able to carry out any
attacks but not for late of wanting to:

http://www.hutaree.com/

Perhaps these are just a small part of the movement but many
evangelicals tacitly approve of them. (how do i know? I was raised in
a right-wing christian environment. it was in the air i breathed.)

Yes, there have been times when the right-wing carried out more
violent attacks and yes, they are not visibly moblized like the tea
party.

I think that is because, as a movement, they generally do not feel
disenfranchised; Why should they march on Washington? They can count
former presidents and national figures such as Billy Graham as members
of their club. If the day comes when they do feel disenfranchised and
their leaders call upon them to mobilize, then things may be
different. They prize obedience to authority.

The question of what to call them seems irrelevant to me. The real
question is whether they are they capable of coming together as a
movement in a significant way and "dominating" as they claim they want
to do. Hard to say but they should not be underestimated given the
kind of support they have within the government, military and
corporate world.