In a message dated 6/20/2010 10:09:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
_markala...@gmail.com_ (mailto:markala...@gmail.com)  writes:

>> Fascism's not about the cultural attributes which fascinate  Michael,
but about raw political power.  People waving teabags and saying  mean things
because they heard them on television does not make them  fascist.  People
repeating St. Paul on women doesn't make them fascists.  <<

Comment

I agree.

These folks tend to be reactionary, meaning voicing an ideology seeking a
return to a past that never really existed. Or worse, seeking the
restoration of  a past that really did exist. No . . .  real fascists never
seek a
return  to the past, even when their ideology is cloaked in cultural symbols of
the  past.

In the American South the fascist movement overthrowing the established
bourgeois democratic governments did so with a plan to restructure the future
and reconstitute a section of a dead class based of a different form of
private  property.

And that is what they did.

************

>> When real fascism rears its head, we won't have to have a debate  on an
email list about it. <<

ML

Comment

When it rears its head?

It has already arisen. George W. was a fascist. Plenty of fascists are
lodged within and through the entire state system, in government, church, civic
 organizations and heading up corporations. One can have a fascist
President or  for that matter a fascist Supreme Court - which it increasingly
is,
without and  before the emergence of the fascist political state.

The fascist movement has not yet reached political coherence with one voice
 or it zenith, which is the fascist political state. The source - origin,
of the  fascist movement is from within the state itself.  In this sense
"they are  always there."

*******

WL.