"S. Artesian" wrote:

> I don't think Marxists should ever, ever buy into the argument about
> violence being the result of demonstrations "provoking" the police.   The
> violence of capitalism is the one and only provocateur here.

I don't think any anti-capitalist, Marxist or not, should ever buy into
that argument.

And the argument that this or that tactci by this or that group
"discredits" us is cretinish. As I said, such actions (inlcuding really
stupid or outrageous ones) are part of the terrain or climate of
struggle. Rather than endless complaint we simply havee to work on
constructing a left that can flourish regardless of what 'frignes' it
has.

But you are absolutely right: The cops are the same, provoked or
unprovoked.

Carrol