On 9/16/2010 11:47 AM, David Thorstad wrote:
> And if the event is allowed to become wholly a
> pep rally for Obama and Democrats, then that will tell the world that
> real movements for laboring people, social justice and peace do not
> currently exist in the United States – just a bunch of Democratic
> Party groupies with delusions of relevance to the burning issues of
> the day.

Well, it IS going to be --guaranteed-- a completely and thoroughly a
democratic party pep rally. Like, duh ...

And anyone who says different should share whatever it is they've been
smoking, 'cause it is undoubtedly more potent than what's in my bong.

And of course it is an expression of "real movements for laboring
people, social justice and peace."

Unfortunately, they can ONLY find electoral expression in the entirely
BOURGEOIS framework of the Democratic Party.

I am, of course, entirely FOR campaigning instead for the candidates of
the Mass Labor Party (MLP) or if by some bizarre twist of the space-time
cotinuum there didn't happen to be one, then we would support the
righteous comrades of the one-and-only Truly Revolutionary Party (TRP).

In other words...

In the REAL world, the ritual denunciations of the Democratic Party and
of voting for Democrats are, basically, masturbatory fantasies.

That there is even less to recommend voting for Democrats is no excuse.

You may have a raw diamond to cleave, but just because that is the task
before you does not mean you need to pick one when you are offered your
choice between wood and plastic instruments -- or even glass and bronze
-- and pretend that can really do the job.

Joaquin