El 19/10/2010 09:45 p.m., Gary MacLennan escribió:
> I recall talking to a striking coal miner in 1971 at Essex University and
> him telling me that when the lights began to flicker they would have won.
> Ditto for the French refineries.
>
> What seems to be happening in France is the workers are awakening to a sense
> of their own power. What the bosses (union&  bourgeois) will seek to do is
> to put an end to that awakening and replace it with the comatose status quo.

In France, most power plants are nuclear. So that I am not sure if
lights will flicker soon. But yes, it is wonderful news from Dan and we
must be proud to have him on this list. And the French working class,
hopefully, can send a strong signal to workers all over Europe. Nothing
they haven´t done in their glorious past.

As to union leaders, while I don´t trust them at all, they are _also_ a
result of the relations of power at play. If strikers can keep doing
their job, they will find it hard to betray them. And, however
reluctantly, they will have to radicalize their own standing or see the
wave drown them into nothingness.

Wasn´t a French who wrote something about "L'être et le néant"????